- To build and maintain rapport with the Society’s budget holders.
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to business planning.
- Challenge on efficiency and determine how value can be added.
- Communicating complex financial information to finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Advising and training colleagues on good budget management.
- To provide support to the grants team in reviewing new and existing projects, providing support and implementing adequate controls surrounding our grant making processes.
Management Accounts, Budgeting and Forecasting
- To take responsibility for the inclusion and transaction of regular month end accruals, prepayments, adjustments and charges to ensure a timely and accurate close of accounts.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and ensure these reconcile to the data contained within the chart of accounts.
- To work with the Financial Reporting Manager, to provide accurate and timely annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for all sections of the Society.
- To manage the Society’s externally funded projects; Ensuring the income and costs are charged accurately and in line with the contract.
- Continuously seeking to improve systems and processes
- To prepare reconciliations of key accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as appropriate and investigate and resolve issues as necessary.
To maintain the Society’s nominal ledger and take responsibility for ensuring nominal codes are allocated and used correctly.
To produce procedure notes for new processes developed within the finance section.
To provide necessary support to the Financial Reporting Manager in the delivery of section objectives, including providing cover within the Finance team.
To take responsibility for the filing, storage and archiving of all material relating to Management accounts, including all nominal ledger journals.