With a strong focus on internal and stakeholder communications, this role plays a key part in coordinating the delivery of the Society’s messages to core audiences. The Communications Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of the Society’s internal communications strategy, ensuring stakeholders, including our 200 staff and 1400 Fellows, are kept informed. They will need to engage with staff from across the organisation, including the Executive Director, to ensure smooth gathering and dissemination of information. The role is responsible for a range of external corporate communications. The Communications Manager also provides strategic communications input to a range of teams across the Society and helps in the development of key messages and ways of delivering them to the intended audiences.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Location: Carlton House Terrace
Hours: Full time
Pay Band: D
Fixed-term contract - 12 months
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 2 December 2019
The Social Media Officer is responsible for managing our social media channels and activities.
- Take responsibility for maintaining and growing the Society’s engagement and presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest
- Develop and implement the organisation’s social media strategy, campaigns and procedures
- Work across the organisation to support key projects with excellent content produced for sharing on social media in line with agreed messaging
- Ensure that communications on social media fit with the organisation’s brand and communications objectives
- Provide guidance and support for staff and stakeholders on best practice for social media campaigns and messaging
- Play an active role in the digital team to build joined up thinking and approaches for our digital channel opportunities
To apply, please submit a detailed covering letter (no more than one page) and CV (no more than two pages). The covering letter and CV should clearly outline the following:
- Why you would like to work for the Royal Society?
- Why this role specifically appeals to you?
- How your background and skills are suited to this role?
Applications that do not follow this guidance will not be progressed.
Interview date: Wednesday 27 November.
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Line manages: None
Band Pay: D